Monday, November 19, 2007

Thoughts on 7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners

I have been trying to learn Tai Chi for two years now and I have yet to learn the form. If I apply the 7 1/2 habits I could say that 1) I did start with the end in mind. 2) I accept responsibilty for my own learning or not learning in this case. I don't practice! You have to practice to learn the form and that requires discipline. That should be one of the key habits to learning anything, discipline. And you have to really want to learn to have discipline. 3) View problems as a challenge: The problem is finding/making time to practice. 4) Have confidence: Because I am determined to learn the form, I will! 5) Create your own learning toolbox: I have a teacher who is very good and pals in class that are fun and I have a DVD of the form. 6) Use technology to your advantage: Ah, there's the rub! My DVD player wont work! 7) Teach others: because I am in second year, I have been asked to be in front of the class to lead others. This is very hard since I don't know that much myself.
So, the easiest habit for me is the first one, and the hardest for me is using technology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home